- 8 green cubanelle peppers
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 100 g feta cheese
- 3 eggs
- fresh parsley, chopped
This is a quick and easy recipe that smells delicious and that you can prepare for lunch or a light dinner. The cubanelle peppers, that are thin-skinned, sweet and aromatic are what gives to this dish its great taste.
Alternatively, you can choose to fry up these cubanelle peppers as a delicious side dish for grilled chicken. Then, omit the other ingredients: leave the seeds in which will keep the peppers whole and juicier and simply fry them on each side in the warm oil.
- Wash the cubanelle peppers and remove the seeds by making a circular hole on that end with a paring knife, so to leave the pepper whole.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Place all the peppers in the frying pan, fry them on one side and then flip them and fry them on the top side as well.
- Crumble the feta cheese with a fork in a bowl. Sprinkle the feta cheese over the fried peppers in the frying pan. Stir gently.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and then pour them over the cheese and the peppers into the frying pan. Stir well until the eggs are cooked.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley on the top and serve.
Serve this light vegetarian dish with some crusty white bread and a simple salad made out of tomato, cucumber and chopped fresh dill. You might want to add some fresh garlic to bite into on the side as well.