- 8 green cubanelle peppers
- 3-4 tbsp oil
- 100 g feta cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tomato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
This easy recipe is one summertime favorite. It is a delicious way to serve fresh in-season cubanelle peppers for a light lunch or dinner. The combination of the roasted sweet cubanelle peppers, garlic and fresh herbs (which you can choose to combine as parsley and dill, or why not mint) results in a very aromatic and refreshing dish.
- Wash the cubanelle peppers and remove the seeds by making a circular hole on that end with a paring knife, so to leave the pepper whole.
- Crumble the feta cheese with a fork in a bowl. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Add the chopped parsley, the finely chopped tomato and the garlic clove. Mix well with the eggs and feta cheese. This will be the stuffing.
- Stuff the cubanelle peppers with this egg stuffing from the opening.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the stuffed peppers, flipping to make sure they cook on all sides.
- Alternatively, you can place the stuffed peppers with the oil in a glass (or ceramic) baking dish with a cover. Heat the oven at 200°C (400°F) and bake covered for about 30 minutes.
Serve this light vegetarian dish with some crusty white bread and a simple cucumber and tomato salad.